Josh Tighe

Josh Tighe

Thursday 1 March 2018

Life is one big obstacle course

Normally when I have wrote a blog it has been about a fun and Interesting race or a training trip away with Nick.
However this isn't about racing or having to use bread as toilet roll ( see Kenya 2011 )
This is about how life is a obstacle course.
Sometimes when you think things are going well in life and you are well on the way to smashing through the tape at the top of the travelator like in smash hit 90's tv show Gladiators, a obstacle gets in your way, it could be the beam or maybe the hand peddle bike, you could even be one of them people you get annoyed at who climb the net badly.
My obstacle was my Bimalleolar fracture which happened in the middle of January, not only did it put a end to my running season it also affected my daily life, I can't drive and the pain from the surgery had pretty much kept me in my bedroom for the last 4 weeks.


I'm not writing this out of sympathy, it's just something else to do as I feel like I have nearly completed the life of a normal person. I have binged on tv shows, read a few books and even started to learn the guitar, I am even doing a acoustic set at Satsumas nightclub at the end of the month where I will be playing all of your favourite Hall & Oates songs


Anyway getting back to it, so I can't run at the minute and I can't even walk so my obstacle course is just getting stared at. I have had times where I have buried my head in my hands hoping it will all just go away, at times it has been pretty depressing  to say the least. It wasn't just the running it took away from me it was pretty much my livelihood, I actually enjoy my job and I'm not one to sit around so to be  confined to my bedroom was pretty shit.
But in the last few weeks through fed up of being down all the time and the realisation that eventually I will be able to walk again and then the big aim to RUN.
However it's not going to be plain sailing and it's going to take months of regular physio and daily rehab exercises. My approach to getting back to doing what I love is called " The Eunice Huthart Project" 

Why The Eunice Huthart Project you ask?! Well if I'm going to try and become the best person I can be and if I'm going to face this obstacle of overcoming this injury then why not try and become one of the greatest contenders of all time Eunice Huthart.
My positive frame of mind has made me stop dwelling on this injury and instead I'm looking forward to the challenge of being able to use my ankle properly so that I can run and then dance with middle aged women at weddings.
First thing I want to do is build my leg muscle back to its normal size as I feel like someone has replaced it with a long pepperami, now don't get me wrong I like pepperami but a pepperami certainly won't power you to the top of a mountain and it certainly won't be able to impress Janice the  64 year old divorcee at your mates wedding.
So for now Jon Anderson at the minute please don't blow your whistle because I have no fucking chance of getting over them barriers. So for now I'm going to be doing my best to ensure I tow the line of the obstacle course and will make sure I'm going on the first whistle.
I know it's not going to be a smooth path and I'm probably gonna have to tackle Jet and possibly Lightning is going to wrap her pins around me on hang tough, thrusting away trying to defeat me.
I'm looking forward to that the most.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment